Monday, November 22, 2010
13 RULES TO MAKE A GREAT WITCH HOUSE SONG
"13 rules to make a great witch house song"
by travis egedy
1. dont listen to any "witch house". create from your inner witch.
2. eat pomegranate. a lot. and use your hands to separate the seeds from the outer skin, dont buy pre separated seeds.
3. study the "your body" video by psychic TV, and the essays "T.A.Z", "sorcery", and "immediatism" by Hakim Bey, and "thee splinter test" by genesis P. orridge.
4. fuck. a lot.
5. take MDMA and go to a strip club.
6. keep onyx with you at all times, keep citrine in the the space where you create, travel with moonstone, and give the gift of jade to someone special.
7. scent yourself with oils, stay away from pesticides, and find a shade of lipstick that suits your face.
8. do graffiti.
9. have fun, stop to smell the roses, and frolic in a fucking sunny meadow.
10. quit your job.
11. listen to DJ nate.
12. understand you have been lied to your whole life. and that nothing is permanent.
(written for croatian magazine ZNAKI, who wanted to "understand what makes a great witch house song")